Every March 17th we celebrate St. Patrick's Day by putting on our greenest outfit, pinching those that do not wear green, maybe enjoy a few "green beers" but here are somethings you may or may not know about St. Patrick's Day.
5. St. Patrick's real name is Maewyn Succat- imagine saying that all day long -happy Maewyn Succat Day- lucky for us he changed his name when he became a priest to the name Patrick.
4. St. Patrick was a slave in Ireland- he escaped after 6 years when he stated that God told him he would be able to escape safely- Later God would tell St. Patrick to go back to Ireland as a priest and when he did he converted many Irishmen to Christianity and therefore after his death he became their patron saint.
3. It is believed that St. Patrick used shammrocks to teach the pagan Irishmen about the Holy Trinity.
2. The color green for St. Patrick's Day came from the association of green with Ireland by its use by the Irish Catholic confederation and the United Irishmen.
1. When St. Patrick's Day was first started drinking was strictly PROHIBITED- It was a religous festival celebrated by church services and a feast.
We hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day
Let us know if we can make your life a little "greener" with land or a home of your dreams. Call Us at 434-392-6163 or visit our website at www.VaStateWideRealty.com